Saturday 19 December 2009

Bubbles...

It's all about bubble baths. I can't get enough of them. It's getting ridiculous. My lovely husband comes home from work and knows where to find me without even shouting around the house...



Pre-pregnancy I restricted myself to a maximum of one a week to save on hot water for climate change/energy bill reasons. But now... I can't keep myself out of the bathtub.

It's amazing. There actually may not be anything better than a proper good soak with some decent bubble bath. Since I've been pregnant my body hurts all over most of the time, enough to make me cry some days. The only thing that made this any better has been the bath.

I now fantasise about bubble bathing products day and night. Got an awesome bottle of bubble bath from my mum for my birthday at the end of October which has long gone... Boo - it's smelled great and was really soft. Had to nip out and buy a bottle of cheap bubbles to keep me going last weekend - not so lovely, but good bubble volumes. And I'm actually ridiculously excited about getting to Lush on Monday to buy some bathtime treats.

Another weird pregnancy thing is that my skin has started to hurt, get really dry and peel. This hasn't been something I've ever experienced before, but apparently it's quite common in pregnancy. Trying to fend it off with some good body lotion. And there's the fear of the dreaded stretch marks... Arhg. I have some cocoa butter which I'm using fairly religiously in the vain hope it might work. Any tips welcome!

So suggestions for body creams/butters/lotions and bubble baths/salts/bombs very very welcome. And if Santa wants to put one or two wee treats in my stocking...

No comments: